CLARIFICATION 4 - 24/01/2023
Responses to FAQ:
- How is the ‘ITB Information Kiosk’ accessed?
- ITB Information Kiosk is accessed internally, and will be available through the project manager after commencement.
- Is there a TMR strategy and policy for ITS available that includes asset management?
- There is no specific ITS Asset Management policy.
- Is there a SNO strategy and policy available for review?
- State-wide Network Operations branch will be implemented in April 2023. There is no SNO Policy available.
- Please clarify the requirement for governance artefacts. There appears to be a contradiction between Section 1.5, 1(b) and Section 1.3.2.
- 1.5, 1(b) states that governance artefacts (documentation) templates are a deliverable, this is expanded in 220.127.116.11 to further clarify that the types of / scope of documents required are to be listed in a schedule (18.104.22.168.1). The Engagement does not allow for writing the technical detail into the information items as in the schedule.
- The exception is that the Overarching / top-level information item (document) will be completed, as it defines how the ITSLiFe will be implemented and is necessary for TMR to implement the proposed ITSLiFe, this is noted in 22.214.171.124.5.
- Please provide the TMR definition of SOI.
- SOI is a standard definition based on ISO/IEEE 15288
- The term 'Transformation Project' appears to refer to the in-house activities of the project, as well as generally. Please clarify.
- The Transformation Project is bigger than just this engagement
- 1.5 introduction identifies the scope of the engagement deliverables, specifically those in 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 which are also Detailed in the RFQ.
- Do any of the 'information items' referred to in Section 126.96.36.199 already exist?
- Some information items may exist, but are not part of any standard framework. Research on TMR’s current practises may be required by the successful applicant following appointment.
- TMR Subject Matter Experts are available to support the vendor and provide any information on how TMR currently works as identified in 2.5.1 of the Consultant Brief
- Will the information items specified in 188.8.131.52 be in place before the development of IMS and IsMS?
- 184.108.40.206 are examples provided to guide the vendor on the sort of Information Items that might be expected. It is not a definitive list.
- TMR will internally resolve the IMS and IsMS solutions. This is not within the scope of the project.
- Who is expected to complete the ITSLiFe documents referred to in Section 1.3.2? And what is the completion time?
- The appointed SOI Authority as recommended (220.127.116.11.1) will populate the provided templates (18.104.22.168.4), for the system-of-interest established in the hierarchy (22.214.171.124.1)
- TMR does not have a timeline for technical writing of the SOI documentation at this time.
- Section 126.96.36.199 refers to the development of a hierarchy for ITS. Is there a configuration management plan for all ITS&E technologies already in place?
- TMR does have the Queensland Land Transport Technology Framework, identifying our Technology Landscape in iServer (an enterprise architecture tool) which can be reviewed following successful appointment.
- Is definition of ITSLiFe Transformation Project life-cycle within scope?
- Yes, definition of the lifecycle management strategy is within scope of the project
- Please clarify the scope of the deliverables in relation to 1.5.3 Information Management System and 1.5.4 Issues Tracking System
- 1.5 introduction identifies the scope of the engagement deliverables, specifically those in 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 which are Detailed in the RFQ.
- 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 will be developed by TMR.
CLARIFICATION 3 - 17/01/2023 2:25pm
* There will be no change to 'Clause 10.3(d) Indemnity' in the TMR Short Form Conditions of Contract
* Local Benefits Test weightings will be allocated as detailed in the RFQ Local Benefits Test section
* Contract Deliverables are detailed in 'Section 1.5 Engagement Deliverables' of the consultant brief 'TMRTETS 02 22-23 Consultant Brief - ITSLiFe Project_V1.0'. Note that Figure 15 represents a summarised timeline.
* Tender responses will be scored in line with the Evaluation Criteria detailed in the RFQ
* Meetings and Workshops - Delivery approach to meetings can be proposed in the tender response
ADDENDUM 17/01/2023 12:15pm
The closing date for this tender has been extended to Monday 30 January 2023.
CLARIFICATION 2 17/01/2023 12:15pm
The Value for Money section of the Evaluation Criteria has been clarified as follows
"Conforming responses Evaluation Criteria scores will be weighted against the average tendered value to determine the best value for money. Final weighting will be at the discretion of the tender evaluation panel".
An updated RFQ document will be attached to the 'Specification Documents' tab.
CLARIFICATION 10/01/2023 1:15pm
The RPEQ requirement has been changed from mandatory to Highly Desirable.
The delivery date for this contract remains 30 June 2023
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) invites offers for the provision of goods and services as specified in Section 1 - Requirements.
The proposed engagement will be for a consulting organisation with Systems Engineering expertise to support the development of:
1. an ITS Lifecycle Framework –
a. System / System-of-Interest hierarchy for each of the systems that form TMR’s ITS
b. governance artifacts (documentation) templates, and
2. clear definition of authority figures, to be accountable for the lifecycle of each system-of-interest defined in (1). These are delegations to existing positions and not a proposal for organisation structure change.
For detailed information on the specific goods / services sought under this tender, please review the "Specification Documents" in "Section 3 - Here is the detail".