The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) intends to issue an Invitation to Tender (ITO) in October 2023 to select an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution/platform to meet business needs for the Document Management System Replacement (DMS-R) project and the Correspondence Management Project (CMP).
DMS-R and the CMP aim to select a contemporary ECM solution which will replace current legacy applications that support document, records and correspondence management, address key risks and uplift TMR's information management capability. The projects aim to position TMR for the challenge of managing content over the next 15+ years. This includes increased cyber security and compliance requirements, growth in content volumes and types, automation and artificial intelligence.
Whilst details have not been finalised, the platform/solution component is expected to include these key capabilities:
- Content Lifecycle Management: manage physical and digital content throughout its entire lifecycle - from creation, storage, and distribution to archiving and eventual disposal.
- Content Services: provide underpinning services to support the content lifecycle e.g. metadata management, logging and audit, version management, collaboration, enterprise search and content migration.
- Process Services: involves tools, technologies, and methodologies to automate, streamline, and optimise business processes related to content management.
- Analytics Services: involves technologies, tools, and methodologies to collect, process, and analyse data related to content and its usage.
- Governance Services: refers to the policies, procedures, and technologies employed to ensure the proper management, security, and compliance of digital content.
The procurement process is structured in two phases:
- This ITO (Phase 1): The aim of this ITO is to select an ECM platform/solution to meet TMR requirements. It is the intention of TMR to assess if one solution/platform can be procured to meet the requirements for both projects however, this will be assessed as part of the ITO evaluation.
- Future ITO (Phase 2): Go to market to select Implementation Partner/s, Data Migration Partner and Support and Maintenance service provider.
It is expected the ECM platform/solution ITO (Phase 1) will inform the Implementation Partners ITO (Phase 2).
The Contract will be set up as a Standing Offer Arrangement to enable any Queensland Government Agency to procure the solution for their own requirements.
TMR will publish any next steps via QTenders.
All details are subject to change without notice.
For any enquiries, please contact ICT.Tenders@tmr.qld.gov.au.
More about tendering here